To shop for bridesmaid dresses isn’t all sunshine and rainbows. Trying to choose styles and colours for an entire group of women can feel impossible. Different body shapes, skin tones, affordability. How are you supposed to know which bridesmaid dresses are the best option?
Infinity Dress at Daisy Island will answer these questions. We understand every woman has a different figure, so not all fabrics and styles will work for everyone. You and your girls deserve the best for your wedding day. Informed buyers are smart buyers.
How Much Should I Pay for a Bridesmaid Dress?
Bridesmaid dresses can range from R350 to over R3000. According to surveys, bridesmaid dresses cost an average of R1000 per person. So, why the huge price range? The surprisingly cheap and way too expensive price points come at a cost – and we’re not just talking money.
Don’t get ripped you off! By knowing what to look for when bridesmaid dress shopping, you will get a lot more bang for your buck.
Things you should pay for:
- Quality fabrics and materials.
- Personal customer service & experience.
- Professional advice.
- Styles and colours that work for your wedding party.
Things you should not pay for:
- Brand names.
- Cheap imports.
- Fly-by-night companies.
- Over marked-up dresses.
A reasonable price range is R750 – R1500. A cheaper price point usually means a drastic decline in the quality and design. Pay more, and you’ll simply be buying a dress for the brand name. (No-one at the wedding will see the designer on your tag.)
What Are High Quality Fabrics & Materials?
When bridesmaid dress shopping, it’s easy to overlook the quality of the dress. We don’t blame you! While it’s fun to focus on the style and color, it’s important to consider the materials you’ll be wearing.
Our most popular infinity dress fabric is Bon Bon that starts @ R895 per dress. Take into account that longer dresses will be more expensive, and those requiring more fabric will be pricier.
Specialty fabrics include lace, mesh and sequins. These will be more expensive, as fabrics are imported. Although you may find prices under R500, this level of quality will give off some serious Halloween-costume vibes.
The most popular choice for the convertible dress. A four-way stretch matt fabric which is beautifully flowy and elegant for all types of weddings and parties. Bon Bon does not crease nor cling. It is especially flattering for plus-size bodies.
This budget fabric doesn’t stretch as much as bon bon, however this matt fabric still works well for bridesmaids and flower girls if you are on a tight budget. It is very easy to dress up or down. Not recommended for plus-size figures.
The most formal fabric with a slight shimmer/shine. Perfect for very formal weddings and evening functions.
Fantastic for very formal functions and to add some sparkle to your wedding theme.
Other factors to consider:
1. Double Liners. If your bridesmaids are wearing a light colour dress, it might be wise to line the dress or double the straps. We also offer boobtubes and mesh or lace skirt overlays to avoid being see-through. Unless you want your guests’ attention on your MOH’s polkadot underwear, invest in a double liner!
2. Structure. If you’re searching for a flattering dress that fits better and stays in place, structure is important. We add a 2cm wide elastic to the underbust of the infinity dress skirt so that it doesn’t hang at the back, making your hem look uneven.
3. Adjustable Straps. Our infinity dress straps are cut to your measurements to enable you to wrap the dress to suit your body type. Plus-size figures gets wider and longer straps to keep everything in place.
4. Overlays. Don’t fear if you are pear-shaped or just had a baby and want to hide that unwanted muffin top!! You can opt for a mesh or lace overlay to wear over your infinity dress to smooth everything out. The overlay is separate and is worn over your infinity dress.
5. Tops. Winter wedding? Conscious about your arms? Get a wrap top or bolero in lace or mesh. It wraps beautifully with the infinity dress and looks like one complete dress. This is very popular for plus-size figures that just wants to cover up a little bit more.